Wednesday, March 11

Whites roses and floral Liberty fabrics. Making me happy!

Hello friends! There are Spring signs around here. I have seen a couple of magnolias flowers, the daylight increases slowly each day and we do not have so many grey, dark mornings. The weather is warmer. One of these days, I had a big, wonderful surprise. A bunch of white roses arrived unexpectedly. What a wonderful surprise! The scent is soft and delicate and I love this bunch.

Speaking in flowers, I have been playing with a few scraps of Liberty of London fabrics and spotting seasons in their patterns. Mitsi Valeria reminds me the dark cold nights of winter, sprinkled with the white of the snow or ice. Kattie and Millie the delicate flowers in the fields, the sense of renew that comes with Spring. With Betsy Ann, I imagine the red skies in Summer sunsets, and with mustard and light brown colours of Arrow the mushrooms, the fall of leaves, the autumn fogs and the darker days.

And you? Do you imagine these kind of things when looking these fabrics? I would love to hear from you.


white roses


rosas brancas


Liberty of London fabric telas

photos: Maria Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment